MOBILE HOSPICE - THE TREE OF LIFE
The Tree of Life is a home hospice, which provides its services in the Moravian-Silesian region, Olomouc and Zlín regions in patients with advanced and final stages of incurable diseases.
The Tree of Life is a private medical facility, which has yet not got a contract with health insurance companies, as domestic specialized palliative care in the Czech Republic is not yet covered by public health insurance. Payments and hospice operation will be taken care of entirely by grants and donations.
Home Hospice Tree of Life offers free services to terminally ill people and their families who care for them at home. It provides family support, allows the person in the last days and weeks of life to live in dignity, to have time with their closest people and enough time to say goodbye.
Most of us would prefer to spend the last days of life at home. Until the last day, we would like to live as before, around things that bring up old memories, a most importantly around people who understand us.
However, there is a very small number of people that die at home. There are many causes for this, one of them is fear that it will not be possible, the patient is afraid that he/she will be nuisance and family is concerned that they will not be able to handle the care.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- A team of experts who are specially trained in working with patients at their end of life
- Availability visiting medical and nursing services seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Palliative care, which is aimed at alleviating suffering, to treat pain, to control the symptoms that accompany the disease, and that respects the wishes of the patient and his relatives.
- An open, truthful and empathic communication, support and guidance.
For people that have an incurable illness and want to spend their last days at home. And,
- Their relatives can and want to take care of them at the end of their life
- They have stopped the healing treatment and were suggested the palliative treatment
- Those that with the natural course of their illness have months or weeks of life
Conditions to be approved to the mobile hospice TREE OF LIFE
- Patient will freely decide to live his last days at home among his relatives.
- Patient suffers an incurable illness, which is in an advanced stage and he/she has stopped the healing treatment.
- Patient knows his/her diagnosis and he/she and his/her family has agreed to palliative treatment, ie. care, which focuses on relief from pain, relief from other symptoms of the illness and maintaining the highest possible quality of life.
- At least one relative is prepared to take responsibility and day care for the ill.
- The mobile hospice TREE OF LIFE can provide professional and in capacity care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- To ensure continuous treatment and the correct prescription of drugs, practical cooperation with a doctor is of great importance.
Because the tree of life Hospice operates domestic and these services are not covered by insurance, we are pleased that among us are people who can donate and help those who need it now.
Thanks to them we are here and we are working.